Sunday, November 20, 2011

Why I love FCW more than TNA and WWE

Yes you can look at me and wonder why I love a developmental territory show more than the actual shows aired by the company it is for.  Although I am going to be completely honest here for a moment, its because of the talent and how they work with what they've got.  WWE's FCW has an appearance of your average indy promotion only with the added promise of them going places and making it to the big time.  These guys are essentially working like they've already made it to the big time.  I have many examples of this but at this moment in time the one that stands out in my mind the most is Dean Ambrose.  Dean Ambrose someone who I had seen for the first time ever at an FCW house show back in June before he debuted on TV.  He was already in the midst of a feud with Seth Rollins for the FCW 15 title.  It in all honesty confused the heck out of me, considering what I was seeing on TV at the time.  ( the continuity between what is on TV and the house shows ... succccck but I digress on that ) My initial reaction to Dean was ... who are you and why are you facing Rollins?  But as they got into the match I was entertained.  The way he was with the crowd made you not like him at all.  He was in all honesty the highlight of the show for me.  So when he finally made his television debut I was prepared for something great, and I did get something great.  I got this creepy slightly deranged gimmick that he made work like no other could make work. 

From there Dean definitely grew on me, he quickly became someone I watch FCW for.  His character became a huge draw for me and made me look forward to Sundays.  More than any Pay Per View or TV show that could be shown on Television.  Dean Ambrose ... congratulations on being something that I look forward to on Sundays.  You are the best in FCW today.

No comments:

Post a Comment